Sunday, May 29, 2011

Were their Egyptians on the Island?

Had a few questions about Egyptians being on the Island, seeing as their are Egyptian hieroglyphics and the fallen statue of Taweret.  It is a mystery to me somewhat, as Jacob was never too clear about earlier times.  I did ask him about the hieroglyphics, asking if they were Egyptian, but he just answered, "Don't they look Egyptian to you?  Why would they be anything else?"
Of course I never saw them - they were on the Island a long time ago.  Though even that is hard to pin down, as the Island has moved in time on more than one occasion.  But even so, these artifacts and structures were ancient even before my arrival.
So, I guess the answer is Yes, there were Egyptians, and they did create some of the structures on the Island.  But from what I could work out, Jacob brought many groups from different cultures there as different times.  He always appeared sad when recalling those times, and did tell me he regarded those all as failures on his behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment